An added skill that makes a difference in the digital era
Mobile marketing, e-commerce, user experience, big data... how does digitalisation affect companies?
- Digital Business Skills is a Deusto degree, offered in combination with the BMA degree at the San Sebastian campus.
- It adds in-depth training to develop the executive knowledge and skills needed to manage companies in the digital era.
- A short stay abroad at an international digital and entrepreneurship innovation ecosystem is included in the Summer Programme format. The aim is to understand the digital transformation from a business perspective.
What the degree covers
This Deusto degree comprises 45 ECTS credits over 4 years so that it complements the BMA degree (from 1st to 4th year). The Digital Business Skills programme is divided into three modules which include seminars and workshops. Action-oriented methodologies are used and business executives lead or take part in these sessions:
Digital economy and digital business, Industry 4.0-In Company, Digital Tools
You will learn business strategies and models to lead digital change in companies and promote optimisation of business models through use of digital technologies with a view to creating new business opportunities in the digital era.
Big Data & Business Intelligence
Databases, Big data y Business Intelligence I; Big data and Business Intelligence II
The necessary competences needed to capture, store, use and organise information are taught in this module. The aim is to transform available information into knowledge to support business diagnosis and decision-making.
Marketing Digital I, Marketing Digital II, Marketing Digital III
User experience, e-commerce, mobile marketing…this module focuses on the customer-oriented competence to ensure you can understand and interact with customers in the digital environment.
In addition to the competences worked on throughout the Bachelor’s degree, the Deusto degree focuses on some key aspects for students’ professional development:
- Adaptation to the environment
- Knowledge of business strategies and models to lead digital change in firms.
- The capacity to create new business opportunities in the digital era.
- Develop the capacity to network, collaborate and cooperate in digital environments.
- Identify, capture, manage, organise and share information to support the company’s diagnosis and decision-making.