Business in a rapidly changing world
The world has changed radically and a generation of leaders is required, a new generation of young innovators and willing to start up a business using a model based on innovation as a habit. In short, entrepreneurs who start, create or build something, launching new businesses or new initiatives within current organizations.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship will allow you to develop habits to…
- Step outside your comfort zone
- Identify, take advantage and create new opportunities
- Learn to use the tools to design and launch new projects
What is it about?
This Deusto degree aims to supplement the knowledge acquired in the undergraduate degree by providing you with further training in innovative and entrepreneurial behaviours that will allow you address the major changes and challenges facing our world today. It focuses on 3 main fields:
- Personal transformation: To be able to change the world, we should first change ourselves; there is no place for excuses or dodging the issue; small changes can make a big difference; attitude and values are the basis of everything..
- Identifying and creating opportunities: You do not need a great idea, even if it is your own idea; and it is not enough to identify or take advantage of them, either; sometimes you have to create them, what are the actors involved in the innovative and entrepreneurial ecosystem and emerging sectors?.
- Project design and launching: Excellent design, excellent plans and above all, keep on making things happen.
With the support of businesses and institutions
In our years of experience in the iNNoVaNDiS project since 2005, we have had various collaborations at the business level both in the design and development of Deusto’s degree programme and the implementation of innovative and value-added internships for our students.
Shake Away – Creative weekend
Students have the chance to enjoy a creative weekend in a local hostel, meeting the real challenges faced by organisations. Local businesses will present their challenges to students and these, in teams, will have to find a solution during the weekend. To this end, they will have the support of the programme coordinators, of businesses themselves and former students who did the programme before them.
The programme works on a number of specific competences that are grouped into 3 macro-competences. These define competence-based performance in the major fields that make up the academic and professional profile of an innovative and entrepreneurial person. These macro-competences are comprised in the various subjects as follows:
- MACRO-COMPETENCE 1: Capacity for reflection in action, developing their creative behaviour, forward-looking capacity, identification of opportunities and implementation of new projects
- MACRO-COMPETENCE 2: Capacity to interact in changing environments, participate and manage multidisciplinary teams, and be willing or committed to entering into ongoing dialogue with people/their environment
- MACRO-COMPETENCE 3: Take the reins of your own destiny; be the scriptwriter and director of your own life experience assuming responsibility for it, and bring out the innovative and enterprising person in you