Practical and participatory learning
Our aim is to make students learn by doing, working on the reality of the business world. To achieve an all-embracing, multidisciplinary professional profile as that obtained in this double degree programme, the University of Deusto has developed its own teaching/learning model focused on competence-based development. All this is done through various teaching methods such as:
- Joint reflection and debate
- Analysis of documents
- Writing of assignments
- Case study analysis and discussion
- Exercises on implementation and planning
- Management simulators
- Oral presentation of projects
- Use of remote laboratories
- Visits to companies
In addition, special emphasis is placed on managerial skills training: skills such as oral communication, teamwork, creativity, etc. are put into practice in the different subjects in a transversal way.
The University of Deusto is aware of the growing importance of language proficiency and therefore, in its commitment to multilingualism, it gives you the possibility of doing part of the credits in the curriculum in Basque and/or English.
Students choose their subjects in Basque and/or English on a yearly basis. Each year, students choose a language path (Basque or English) to enrol in the subjects offered during the academic year in the language they choose.
Your guide throughout your learning experience
At Deusto you will have a personalised support throughout your studies. You will have a course tutor each academic year who will give you advice on academic, personal and/or professional matters and will act as a point of contact with the Dean's office, Secretariat and other teaching staff members. The tutor is the person to turn to when there is any type of problem or question (about your studies, academic performance, new initiatives, proposals for improvement, etc.).
In addition, there is the University Guidance Service (SOU) that can help you to make decisions that may affect your academic performance or personal well-being.
The Double degree in BMA + Law is structured into 5 years and a half (International Programme) or 5 years (students not taking part in the International Programme). During these years, students will acquire a number of specific and generic competences that will be jointly developed in the various course subjects in the curriculum.
Learning to do:
- Creativity and innovation capacity
- Collaboration and leadership capacity
- Commitment and responsibility
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Efficient decision making, analysis and problem solving
- Analytical, systemic and critical thinking
- Use of ICTs as tools for expression and communication, to access different information sources, for learning and research…
- Flexibility and the capacity to adapt to changing environments
- Efficient project management
- Understanding and acceptance of social and cultural diversity as an enriching factor for individuals and groups
- Fluency in English
Business Management and Administration
- Run the business with a strategic vision
- Manage financial resources
- Lead the business towards the market and customers
- Lead and manage people
- Perform in a global economy
- Master information and communication technologies
- Interpret and analyse data for decision making
- Be able to cope in a legal/business environment
- Understand the meaning of rules and legal texts
- Write out agreements, contracts and other legal texts
- Avoid possible disputes and solve existing ones
- Present personal creative legal arguments in compliance with ethical standards
- Perform successfully in an increasingly international context where information and communication technologies play a major role